<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 19, 2004

There's always a price 

(4 more posts before shutdown)

Endings, beginnings. They're inseparable, they're yin and yang, two sides of the same coin. You can't have one without the other. They're... symbiotic.

Of course I'm excited about Oxford. Of course the idea of spending the rest of my life with The One has me looking forward to every single moment of it. Of course I want to get out of my flat in North London and into the House of Laughter and Forgetting on the banks of the Isis... but I'm still sad about leaving London. I've got advanced nostalgia for it already. I'm sad about the fact that my spontaneous drinking with P and S and N and M and Ourkid simply won't happen again. I'm sad that we're not going to win another quiz night in the pub together; I'm sad about the fact that our Wednesday night European football sessions won't happen again. I'm sad that S won't be popping in for a cup of tea or a bottle of wine at random times of the day or night again. I'm happy as a boy can be that I'm moving in with The One... but I'm sad that there's a price to pay for it. And there is a price. There's always a price.

Endings are the price we pay for beginnings. Sadness is the price we pay for being happy. You can't start a new life without leaving an old life behind.

|
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?