<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Good Life 

(12 more posts before shutdown)

So then! Finally... The One and I have exchanged contracts on our Dream Home in Oxford - the House of Laughter and Forgetting, as I've now dubbed it. We pack up her two cats and Terminator X the goldfish and wave two fingers at London for the last time on December 20th. From then on it's Tom and Barbara all the way...

On the way to a tres swanky magazine's Christmas party last night we stopped in at John Lewis to look at kitchens. The fridges and ovens, sinks and worktops - they were easily far more exciting than the free cocktails and all-you-can-eat canapes that followed. What does this say about me? That I'm old enough to get more excited about a Smeg fridge than I am about gratis alcohol? Or that my familiarity with free caparinhas has finally bred contempt for them?

Today I've given up on doing any actual work. So we've got a whole shitload of fees and expenses and bills and mortgage payments to make... whatever. I'm surfing for fitted bathroom designs!

(BTW - I move in 11 days; there are (after this) 11 more posts before shutdown. Anyone else think sometimes there is harmony in the Universe after all?)

|
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?